Thursday, September 18, 2014

Marbled Maples


I
have been searching for the perfect "cut-out" cookie recipe and I think I found it! My criteria was that it must not contain too many ingredients (to keep the cost down) it must taste FANTASTIC, be extremely easy to make, and above all else the cookies needed to hold their shape. The recipe I found came from Allrecipes.com they were not especially difficult to make however, I would advise when mixing the frosting to use less water as mine turned out a bit runny. Apparently there is a huge difference between Royal Icing and just water and powdered sugar so next time I might attempt this ever so famous "Royal" frosting recipe. Personally, I love the way these cookies turned out they look like watercolors. Using a thicker frosting to line the outside and then filling in the middle with a looser mix may have been a better option.

Frosting:
  • 2 - 4 food coloring options
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla (I used almond) extract
  • 4 1/2 tbsp of milk or water (I used water) 
Recipe adapted from The Kitchen

Cookies:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 3/4 cup of white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes



No comments:

Post a Comment