Saturday, March 30, 2013

A San Francisco Adventure

In the Spring of 2011 Paul and I visited San Francisco. I had so much fun and enjoyed the city so much I didn't want to ever come home... but we did. We traveled to San Francisco for a quick trip as Paul was invited to tour Skywalker Sound and I was checking out an MFA Program at the Academy of Art Institute (still happy I decided to go to Seattle University) In three days we ventured all over the city. From the Fisherman's Wharf to the Golden Gate Park. One of my favorite adventures was visiting the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and although I especially loved Eadweard Muybridge Mahomet, from the series The Horse in Motion, I have to admit it was pretty exciting to see Marcel Duchamp's piece in person even if it is just a urinal. It's amazing how excited I get over certain art pieces just because they have been on enough of my art history tests. 

One of the main reasons for our San Francisco adventure was so that Paul could visit Skywalker Sound, and man was it so incredibly gorgeous! >>> Click HERE to see what I mean. I wasn't able to tour it with him- it's a pretty exclusive place, but judging from the never ending smile he had when I picked him up after his visit it was worth the trip.

I look forward to my future with Paul and possibly venturing back to the Bay Area as the Arts are defiantly flourishing there... the Museum is even building on an additional wing >>> Click HERE.











No comments:

Post a Comment