Monday, November 9, 2015

Gothic Bouquet DIY

Ihave these ideas every so often that haunt me until I make them a reality and lately that has been throwing together a table decor post. When I was thinking of a theme it really was a no brain-er to do something centered around my birthday which is on it's original date this year Friday the 13th. I decided I really wanted a large centerpiece but did not want to spend a lot on flowers so I made most of the arrangement with things I already had. Follow the directions below to create a moody-Gothic bouquet or add your own spin on the arrangement.

Ingredients
  • Terrarium
  • Fake green moss
  • Red apples
  • Gold skulls (bought from Spirit Halloween and spray painted) 
  • Fake spider webs/natural color (also bought from Spirit Halloween everything is 60% off!)
  • Branches (Indigenous to the area of the photo shoot to look more natural)
  • Large deep red flowers
When making your arrangement make sure you wash your terrarium so it is easy to see inside. Place the moss in the bottom and then press some of the skulls and apples into the moss where they can be seen through the glass. Then take branches and crisscross them throughout the bowl making sure they are evenly distributed. Once you have done that strategically place your red flowers in the bouquet. Once you have your arrangement looking the way you want it take the remaining skulls and sprinkle them over the top even place them inside the red flowers. And there you go! I think this would even look amazing for an off beat bridal bouquet as well.

***Full Gothic Table Setting post will be on the blog Friday, November 13th!***

No comments:

Post a Comment