Wednesday, April 9, 2014

You've Got to Have Faith


You've got to have faith... I have heard this so much from family members over the years, which honestly, it seemed like more of an excuse for someone not to help or give advice in a given situation. That being said I don't believe that anymore, in order to survive life, one really does need to have faith. My first lesson in faith was working a job that I hated for two years. One day about six month into it while pouring a cup of coffee for an angry, ungrateful individual, I thought to myself 

"Ash, Gods got your back, if you put in the time and energy you will make it to the other side of this where something amazing is waiting for you." 

Needless to say I put in the effort, made it out alive and on to bigger and better things. That may not have been possible if I didn't have my faith in times of stress, anger, fear, and overall weak-movements. Times are starting to get tough again at least that’s what it looks like to an outsider looking in on my life. Graduation, moving, and new jobs are just around the corner - however, this is the kind of adventure I love and makes my life complete. Where I need the help of a little faith is not during times of transition but during the moments leading up to it, the moments of silence and stillness when I feel restless. It is those moments that reflection is necessary and that I have learned to keep the faith. 

NOTE: Faith is not doing nothing waiting for somthing to happen, its giving it your all and having faith that what you lack will be there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment