Thursday, July 25, 2013

christmas blueberry jam


So I have totally been thinking about fall-time and Christmas a lot lately! In that I am super excited for brisk cold air and pumpkin spice latte's. What can I say I like to plan ahead. This summer I learned how to make jam (the hard kind not freezer jam) and I made a bunch so if you are family members you will probly get a jar from me. If you survive then well this can be the start of a new tradition. Really, making jam is not that hard if you want to try for yourself just follow the directions below. Oh and if your looking for a great place to get blueberry's check out my post from last year >>> Larsen Lake Blueberry Farm

Directions:

1 Thaw and drain blueberries.
2 Crush blueberries one layer at a time.
Combine 3 cups crushed blueberries and lemon juice in a large saucepot.
Stir in Fruit Jell pectin.
Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
Add sugar, stirring to dissolve.
Return mixture to a rolling boil.
Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
10 Skim foam if necessary.
11 Preserve It...
12 Ladle hot jam into hot "Ball" 8-oz jelly jar to 1/4 inch below rim.
13 Wipe jar rim clean.
14 Place lid on jar and tighten band, just until a point of resistance is met.
15 Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
16 Cool for 12 to 24 hours.
17 Remove bands.
18 Lids should be concave in middle.
19 Yield: About 6 half pints.



No comments:

Post a Comment