Monday, July 8, 2013

L.A. and The Daytime Emmy's

Paul and I packed up and headed down to L.A. on Friday June 14th... Why were we going? Because Paul was invited to the 40th Annual Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards he was nominated for Outstanding Sound Editing in Live Action. I had an absolute blast accompanying him to the ceremony. Although, I do not know much about sound it was thrilling to be at the awards and see people honored for the hard work they put into the TV Shows we enjoy so much.

What are we wearing?... Vera Wang and Adrianna Papell 
We stayed at The Standard Downtown L.A. and I have to admit it was a pretty fun/quirky hotel... Why do I say quirky we'll as you can see in the picture below our room had a perfectly clear glass wall looking into the bathroom, which I guess was ok for a married couple but I would imagine it being a little interesting for anyone else. (Interesting in a not so fun sense)


After the Emmy's we went to the roof top of the Standard, which was absolutely beautiful... Below is a picture of myself and my handsome date by the rooftop pool.


The next day, Paul and I were able to explore L.A. just a little which was also really fun! We were able to use our NARM Cards to get into MOCA for Free (I'm telling you if you don't have this membership you should come see me at the Bellevue Arts Museum to purchase one >>> hint hint ; ) >>> AH I love Art Museums so much and MOCA had some really great works from Rauschenberg to Miro annnnnd this really crazy exhibit by Urs Fischer who basically cut through entire walls of the museum, dropped boulders all around the gallery's and built things like a giant house made out of bread (yes I went inside) and hung rain drops from the ceiling.



We had a wonderful time! I guess overall California is growing on me, Paul might actually be able to get me to move there one day afterall.


No comments:

Post a Comment