Tuesday, March 11, 2014

An Education in You


Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams

What grad school has taught me these last two years is to know myself. I view school differently from most people. It is not necessarily the text you read that is what goes with you when you graduate, but rather what you learn about yourself. I have learned so much! I have learned my coping techniques, my conflict style, my management style, I have learned fields I am interested and definitely not interested in. I have learned the type of situations in work, family, and life that are good for me, bad for me, and positively-challenging. Anyone who views grad school as just a means to another degree on paper is not seeing the big picture. I know I am very introverted, I love to write (thank God for this blog), I'm a lot ADD and I NEED creative outlets whatever that may be (I have to CREATE!), as well as maintain an ever-changing life landscape, I can never feel trapped, contained, or stagnant. I learned that I have a wonderful marriage full of love and laughter and the world’s most supportive husband. I can only hope that all of this knowledge about myself will mean that I will be able to contribute at my fullest potential to this world and ultimately make it a more beautiful place for everyone. 

P.S. I also learned that although I am a dog person at heart... cats are good too, enjoy our little Miller family pics. 





No comments:

Post a Comment