Friday, March 21, 2014

March Twenty-First

Six years ago today I had a coffee date with my future husband...

I cannot believe that it has been that long it really seems like just yesterday I was moving away to college, let alone getting married and in a few months celebrating our third wedding anniversary. Paul is by far the best thing that has ever happend to me in this crazy life of mine.

When I first started dating Paul it was approaching summertime in 2008, it was the happiest time of my life. I really learned what it is to be in love. How do I know this? well, I am speculating but here are a few reasons. First, Paul was sick at least three major times in the first six months that we dated. He #1 broke his foot, so he couldn't walk, #2 had to have a minor surgery for another unrelated reason and also couldn't walk again, and #3 got exstremly ill with a crazy bad fever. All of this took place within our first six months of dating and you know what? I didn't care, I just wanted to be with him no matter what. We both remember that summer as being the best summer of our entire lives, it was so much fun even though so many traumatic things happend. For me, I moved away from my family's horse farm where I grew up. I remember packing my yellow bug to the brim with everthing I could and walking into the kitchen in our house and telling my mom I was leaving. I will never forget it! but Paul somehow gave me the little bit of courage I needed to make that step. Even though it hurt, and even though I dreaded the day I would leave the farm.

We always said that if we could survive that summer and remember it as fondly as we do, that we could survive anything together, and I truely belive that! I am so blessed to have Paul in my life he is such a great person inside and out. I view marraige as a gift and Paul as being a part of my life as a privilage and I am just so thankful everyday that such an amazing person has ended up as such a large part of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment