Friday, August 8, 2014

Electric Nautical Centerpiece




I have been dying to do some sort of DIY with my shell collection after I made magnets with my rock collection some time ago. I have seen images on Pintrest of brides who make bouquets out of shells and flowers and I thought it would be just as gorgeous in a simple centerpiece. This project is really easy. What you need is the following:
  • Jars of your choice
  • Spray paint
  • Flowers
  • Kabob sticks
  • Shells
  • Hot glue gun (I use a mini one that I picked up at Michaels for $3.00)
  • Nautical rope of your choice
I began by spray-painting my jars from the bottom up with pink and gold metallic spray paint to give an electric pop to the arrangement. It is easier to get an ombre look if you start from the bottom. Then I glued shells to the kabob sticks and arranged them inside the jars with the flowers. Adding nautical rope to another jar quickly gives the beach-y feel I was going for. This is a really fun, quick project that you can tailor however you like! Enjoy and have fun creating. 






No comments:

Post a Comment