Saturday, August 16, 2014

Mom's Spaghetti Recipe

So this is not a very imaginative recipe post, but let me tell you it is SO GOOD! When I was in high school, I remember on Friday nights my Mom would make spaghetti. It was my ultimate favorite especially on a cold fall evening. I would come home from school, go ride my horse, and then come in from the cold to a big bowl of her famous spaghetti. If you want to see what all the hype is about here is the recipe. I challenge you to bring out your croc pot "pre fall" and give this a try.

Here is what you need:
  • 1 jar of traditional prego sauce
  • 1 14oz can of tomato sauce
  • 1 lb. of ground angus beef (my mom now uses buffalo meat for health reasons)
  • 1 package of McCormick's spaghetti seasoning
  • 1 package of angel hair noodles (my mom also now buys cut noodles from the deli — probably because she isn't feeding 3 kids anymore)
Mix all of this together in a croc pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours. Then let simmer.
Cook your noodles and you can either mix them into the spaghetti or pour the sauce on top which is what I love. And there you go! a spaghetti dinner thats good for the soul...

P.S. This also makes for a happy husband after a long day of work ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment