Sunday, October 12, 2014

Testing, Testing... Mini Pies

I
have been working on ideas for Thanksgiving this year, and believe it or not I have never made a pie. At least not without the help of another older more experienced family member. I decided to start by attempting Mini Salted Carmel Apple Pies. You can find the recipe for them on Just A Taste. They are really easy to make! I would just decide ahead of time how you want to crimp them. I wasn't sure what that meant but apparently there are different ways of crimping pie with a fork or your fingers to make them look pretty and keep the crust together. I am curious how long you could freeze "preserve" something like this, because it would be great to make them before I leave to the coast. (Yes! We are spending Thanksgiving at the beach!) I can't wait to test out more recipes for the Holidays and advance my baking/cooking skills. It is my dream to one day host a Thanksgiving Dinner at my own home (Barn House) with tons of food all made from scratch with my family. It would be so exciting! and sooooo my training continues lol


No comments:

Post a Comment