Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Natural Scientist

Have you ever heard someone say that most of the time your dream job is the one that you decided you wanted when you were in kindergarten, when someone asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up? Well I have and I would have to say I somewhat agree. When I was five I wanted to be a "Natural Scientist." I didn't really know what a scientist was, but I did know that I loved the now closed Natural Wonders store in the Tacoma Mall ;) and that if my life could somehow include rocks, dinosaurs, plants, oceans, and animals, well then I would die a happy girl. I started a rock collection (which is to this day horded away in my grandparents tool shed), I started collecting every kind of animal figurine and nature books. I made an "office" in my bedroom between my bed and the wall where all these things were organized and I dreamt about traveling the world and making new discoveries.

Why am I telling you this? Well maybe to inspire you to follow your dreams or think about how you can fit them into your already established life. I know for me art has somehow filled this role through imagery, history, and passion.

Below is some photography taken on our recent Oregon Coast trip. I would say a certain “Natural Scientist” and her husband took them.

So here is to your kindergarten predetermined occupations whether it’s a firefighter, ballerina, or vet...




No comments:

Post a Comment