Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pretty Coconut Macaroons

Lately I have been obsessed with a cute little patisserie on Old Main Street in Bellevue, called Belle Pastry. When I go there it is just to get one of their coconut macaroons. I didn’t know I liked coconut until I tried one of these! So I thought I would make my own... and since I was making such an adorable little item I thought I would dress it up with a pretty display of pink and glitter. The recipe for these amazing things is below... enjoy!





Ingredients

  • 3 large egg whites 
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 14-ounce package sweetened shredded coconut (about 5 cups)

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 325° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
  2. Vigorously whisk together the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl until glossy, foamy, and the sugar is mostly almost dissolved. Fold in the coconut, stirring until evenly combined.
  3. Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the batter in mounds (about 2 tablespoons each) 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake, rotating the sheets halfway through, until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes; let cool completely. The macaroons will keep for up to 5 days at room temperature in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment