Thursday, February 26, 2015

Healthy Strawberry-Banana Smoothie

I started a new workout routine, and I have made it to my second week! I feel stronger and healthier already but last night I got a little crazy during my workout and pulled/strained my calf muscle. I think it is fine, but it feels like at any moment I am going to get a major charlie horse in my leg. I was looking up home remedies and of course it was suggested to eat a banana. I HATE bananas! To me they taste mushy and gross so I had to get creative. I decided to try to make a somewhat healthy smoothie using 1.5 bananas, cause honestly muscle cramps are the worst! Here is the recipe for my smoothie. 1.5 peeled banana, 5 whole strawberries, and 1 cup of honey-vanilla greek yogurt. Blend until liquified and there you go! It wasn't bad at all and I could totally stand the banana taste. The main reason I went a little nuts during my workout last night is because I have discovered some great music check out my top 10 workout songs below!


My Top 10 Workout Songs!


2 comments:

  1. Strawberry and banana smoothies are my FAVORITE! They make for the best breakfast ever! Or lunch.... Or mid-day snack... Or dinner? Haha I just love them! ;)

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I am totally addicted they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete