Tuesday, February 10, 2015

DIY Calligraphy Mug


E
diting Day thats right, since I have started blogging, I have come to love editing photos. I think it has to do with the fact that photography for me is way more controllable than painting. When I paint, I always end up a little frustrated because my image is not what I imagined it would be... I guess that just come with the artistic territory. With photography however, I already have an idea of the image and what I can do to make it look better. I have been wanting to try the legendary Pintrest DIY Sharpie Mug for a while, but I have heard horror stories of sharpie pens that have smeared or washed off. So what I did was purchased the same Dollor Store Mugs and a sharpie pen for ceramic and glass. I washed the glasses, created my designs, and then baked them in the oven at 375 degrees. After I was done baking the glasses I let them sit in the oven with the door open so that they could slowly cool down to room temperature to prevent breaking. I think they turned out great! I have already washed them once and the pen did not wash off. You'll have to excuse my blogging partner, he was checking to make sure there were no treats in that cup.

3 comments:

  1. i love editing too :) lightroom 5 is my favourite thing ever!!!
    awesome mugs, what a fun diy. they look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute.... but I think the saying should read "There's bound to be...." There wound to be doesn't make sense. Just putting it out there.

    ReplyDelete