Tuesday, December 23, 2014

No Bake Cookies


It's almost Christmas Time! and I am so excited because I already received my ultimate Christmas Present! A FULLTIME JOB WITH BENEFITS! YAY!... This is when I realized that I am officially a grown up. That being said I do not have a lot of time for baking while I tie up the loose ends of my life and prepare to be a teacher! I bet if you are here a few days before Christmas looking at cookies you do not have to bake, that your limited on time as well. You are in luck not only are these cookies easy to make they taste AH - mazing! The only trick is making sure that they boil for exactly 1 Minute no more or less time. To make these cookies you need to follow this recipe and ingredients exactly. You want them to turn out crumbly... so if they are chewy (sorry you messed up lol) Have fun with this! Here is the recipe:

Add the following to a pot on the stove low heat to melt butter...
1.5 cup of butter
2 cups of sugar
1.5 cup of milk
4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
pinch of salt

*Boil these ingredients hard for only 1 minute*

Add the following to the mixture (it can be helpful to have someone pour while you mix) 
1.5 cup of peanut butter (Jiff is the best for this)
3 cups of quick oats
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (I mix this in last) 

NOTE: This recipe you won't find online, if you follow this exactly the cookies turn out really brittle and you have to scoop them with an ice-cream scooper to get them to stick together. The online recipes make the cookies very chewy. 

1 comment: