Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Our First Noble Fir



After a lot debate Paul and I decided that this year we will have a real Christmas Tree. We were concerned about the lack of space in our ever shrinking apartment, and that Kevin (meow) might take a bite of it but we decided to get one anyway. I was so excited because this is my first real tree! Paul found an amazing tree farm in Snoqualami, Washington at the base of Mt. Si called Mountain Creek Christmas Tree Farm I definitely would recommend. It was such a fun experience, when we drove in there was a really nice man checking cars in he gave us the rundown of how the whole U-Cut experience works and got us moving in the right direction towards the Turkish Pines and Noble Firs. I didn't realize how many different types of Christmas Trees there are! Paul and I wanted a short chubby tree that could fit in our car and our apartment but would be full enough for ornaments. We ended up taking a tree from one of the lots that was being cleared out. It's funny because the tree looked so small outside but as soon as we got it indoors it was clear it was a little big lol. We trimmed it down and now it fits perfectly. I am not sure how Eco-friendly cutting down your own christmas tree is, but I really liked supporting this local family farm, vs. buying a new plastic tree for a big corporation. Having this experience is something I will never forget, spending time with Paul, and picking out our little tree. Its these moments that last a lifetime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment